Saturday, September 27, 2008

We finally decided on a name

Thanks to all of our friends for your input on the names we had picked for our little one. We decided to combine some names and came up with Kyleigh Elizabeth. Kyleigh means "boomerang" which is perfect because she is becoming very active. The nurses continue to have a hard time finding her heartbeat because she refuses to relax long enough. Elizabeth wasn't too hard for us to decide on. Elizabeth was my Aunt Margaret's middle name who recently passed away. I thought it would be a nice tribute to her memory to include her as we named our next little princess.

What else is happening...I went back to the doctor on 9/26 for a follow-up visit due to my blood preasure being so high last week. Thank goodness it had come down to 120/62. The nurse again had a difficult time finding Kyleigh's heartbeat but when she did it was a strong 151 beats per minute. I was told that my blood work from last week had come back completely normal as well. I continue to worry about my left foot swelling the way it does and finally got a reasonable explaination. My mid-wife told me that more than likely Kyleigh was comfortable on my left side and was pushing on a nerve or blood vessel causing swelling on one side more than the other. She told me to watch my salt intake, drink plenty of water and to prop my feet up whenever possible.

We discussed the frequency of my next few visits and I will continue to go for follow-ups every 4 weeks for the months of October and November and starting in December will begin going every two weeks until January when I will be a regular visitor every week.

We've started doing some baby shopping and Abbie's has picked out Kyleigh's coming home outfit. I've posted some pictures of the things Big Sister has picked out so far. We also managed to find some GA Tech baby items for Jon-Mike since he isn't appreciative of the GA Bull Dawg items we've bought so far.

3 comments:

TheDPGang said...

What an adorable name. How exciting - I think of you often. Sure miss talking to you.

Noel

Anonymous said...

Glad to here everything is going well. Kyleigh Elizabeth sounds so good together. Good chose. Listen to your dr and prop up those feet.

Anonymous said...

OOps! Spelling is off.....lol I quess that is why they suggest reviewing comments.....:)