Friday, September 19, 2008

and baby DeBona will be...

you seriously didn't think I would tell you the good news first. Nope you've got to read about the rest of the day before you find out if its a boy or a girl.

Today was an eventful day. We are finishing transitioning Abbie into our once guest room and making it her new BIG girl room. The walls have gone from Asian orange to Princess pink and purple. Her new Disney Princess furniture (including bunk beds) was delivered today along with her new mattresses. We haven't quit finished painting but hopefully will get it finished this weekend.

Over Labor Day weekend we went to visit Ashley (Jon-Mike's sister) in Savannah and went to the beach for Abbie's first visit. Leave it to me to come home with sunburnt feet so severe that I couldn't walk for a couple of days. On top of the sunburn my feet begin to swell taking me from my once size 6 shoe to now a size 7 1/2. That week I went to the doctor to determine why my feet were so swollen and he chalked it up to the sunburn which also threw my blood pressure off the charts (as far as I'm concerned 140/90). He also decided that I should go ahead and test early for gestational diabetes.

NOW two weeks later my right foot has gone back to being somewhat normal but my left is only getting worse. Today we went for our 20 week check up. Yep, I'm half way through my pregnancy (wooo hooo). I had my glucose test first which wasn't too bad and I passed with flying colors. Next we went for our ultrasound. The tech was wonderful and said the baby was very active and seemed to really enjoy the sugar drink I had for the glucose test. This one was alot better than the first one. We got to see all angles of the baby and they put it on DVD for us too. After the US I met with my midwife and my blood pressure was still high (150/80). She decided to send me back to the lab for additional blood work to determine if this is pregnancy related as it just started two weeks ago or if its genetic. I should know the results next week and have to go back for a follow-up on Tuesday. Everything else was fine. She told me to stay off my feet as much as possible and to rest when I could (easy for her to say...she doesn't have a 4-yr old running around).

The baby is completely perfect, size, weight, everything is right where it should be.

Oh and for the news you've been waiting for...

IT'S A GIRL!!!!
We are still trying to decide on a name and would love your input, the names we've come up with are:
Ashlynn Elizabeth DeBona
Riley Elizabeth DeBona
Callie Elizabeth DeBona
Kara Elizabeth DeBona
Allison Elizabeth DeBona
Avery Elizabeth DeBona
Kenley Elizabeth DeBona
I'll post US pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THose are all great names. I especially like Elizabeth, since it is my middle name. I could not decide steven's middle name til the day he was born. It went from Andrew to Zachary to Chase. Chase it was.....lol Well I am glad everything is going well. You better be listening to the drs about staying off your feet. I had to be in bed rest towards the end, and that SUCKED!!!