Monday, January 12, 2009

Update

I wanted to send everyone a quick update.

I'm offically on bedrest but now from home. They released me from the hospital mid-morning on Monday with strict orders to rest which I'm trying to follow. The OB on call at the hospital ordered some more lab work this morning and since nothing had changed since Friday other than my blood pressure going up and down he decided to send me home. I go back to see Dr. Allaire on Wednesday and it looks like the ball is in his court right now unless I go into labor on my own. Dr. Allaire would rather I be at 38 weeks before Kyleigh makes her debut so we will wait and see what he has to say. If he doesn't send me back to the hospital I will go back to my OB on Monday for a non-stress test (a monitor of the babies movements and heartbeat).

I'm glad to be at home and out of the hospital. The staff was great at the hospital but it's always better to be resting in your own house. I'm also glad to be at home because my mom goes into the hospital on Wednesday for hip replacement surgery and I know me being at home will put her mind at ease for her surgery. At least I was packed for the hospital and now I'm even more prepared with everything we need to take with us.

I will keep everyone posted as the week goes on. Oh and when the big day arrives I will be delivering at Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Gainesville.

No comments: