Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our announcement

For those of you who know our story, God blessed us with a beautiful baby girl (Abbie) on December 3, 2003 through the miracle of adoption.

Our plan had always been to add another baby to our family when Abbie got older and we decided that 2008 was the year for the addition. Abbie is starting school in the fall and we felt that she would now be old enough to help out with a baby.

On May 30, 2008 we submitted our application to our adoption advocate to start our 2nd adoption and scheduled our first meeting with them for June 27, 2008.

During all the excitment I never stopped to think that I could be pregnant. I knew I was "late" but after 9 years of "trying" we had given up on the idea. I finally gave in and made a trip to the drug store for the dreaded pregnancy test. Seriously after spending the money I have on these things, taking another one and waiting for the negative result had just gotten to be unbearable over the years.

Over the week of June 4, 2008 I took 4 tests because I couldn't believe it when I saw the "+". We decided to share our news with our families on June 11, 2008.

God has blessed us and taken our family into uncharted territory and we can't wait to share every minute with our friends and family.

No comments: