Friday, August 22, 2008

16 weeks and counting

We went for our 16 week checkup today. I have only gained one and a half pounds (1 1/2 lbs) so I'm happy about that. I'm not having any problems other than everything is streching and I feel like an old woman when I get up to walk. The doctor said just to get up slow and that this phase would be over soon (she didn't give me a timeframe...humm).

We got to hear the heartbeat. It took the nurse a while to find the heartbeat which completely freaked me out but when she found it, it was a wonderful sound. She said the baby is very active. I guess it may be time for me to cut back on the sweet tea. The heartbeat was 152 beats per minute. At our 1st ultrasound it was 164. She said all of my initial blood work had come back normal and my blood preasure is below normal (which is typical for me).

We go back to the doctor in four weeks (Sept 19th) for another ultrasound and to hopefully find out if we are having a boy or a girl. We've been discussing baby names and have a boy name picked out but we can't reach a decision on a girl name.

We've registered and had Abbie help us out by picking baby toys. She was so excited to use the scanner at Babies R Us and we let her pick out the baby's first toys.

That's it for now...check back on September 19th for the big announcement!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gina oh my gosh. I just happen to come upon your blog (thru facebook) and see your GREAT news! I'm so happy for you guys. Congrats.