Friday, November 14, 2008

28th week checkup

So today we went for our 28th week checkup...only 80 days to go. I had to take another glucose test because the first test was done earlier than usual due to my blood pressure. I didn't pass the test which means I have to take a 3-hour test on Monday. If I fail this test the doctor will place me on a strict meal plan for the rest of the pregnancy and I may have to monitor my insulin daily. I'm not sure of all the details yet, I wasn't really listening to anything that was said after the nurse told me the news today, I just broke down. The doctor measured me and said I'm measuring a little big for this stage of the game. I'm not worrying about that too much b/c a different doctor measured me at the last visit. I would rather have the same person measure me each time so I can feel more confident that the measurements are being taken the same each time.

There was some good news that came out of the visit today. I've only gained 1/2 lb since the last visit three weeks ago. I can't complain with that. My blood pressure was fine as well, 130/72. The glucose test seems to make the numbers rise a bit.

Abbie and I are scheduled to attend the Big Sister class on Monday which will be exciting for both of us. We will get to tour the new nursery at the hospital and see the babies too. Jon-Michael and I decided to take child birth classes and we are scheduled to start those on Saturday, Dec 6th and finish up on Saturday, Dec 13th.

I will start going to the doctor every two weeks at this point and my next appointment is on November 26th.

Kyleigh has really gotten active since the last visit and I've almost got her schedule figured out.

I've got all of Abbie's baby clothes washed and put away in the nursery. We will be working this weekend to get the nursery back together and move the rest of Abbie's toys over to her big girl room.

That's about it for now, keep us in your prayers as we get through the last few months before the big arrival.

No comments: